Refrigerated biscuits and pantry ingredients make this Caramel Pull Apart Coffeecake a quick and easy breakfast treat!
Who doesn’t love caramel rolls for breakfast? I mean, what’s not to love? Cinnamon-sugar sweet rolls, covered in sweet, sticky, ooey-gooey caramel? It doesn’t get much better for a morning treat, than homemade caramel rolls. But when you don’t have time to wait for yeast dough to rise, this Caramel Pull Apart Coffeecake is the next best thing!
What makes this recipe so incredible is how quick and easy it is to make! And on top of that, you only need 5 ingredients! That’s right..just FIVE. Just a couple tubes of refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough, cinnamon, sugar, brown sugar and butter. That’s all! It couldn’t get much easier!
When my kids were little, this was one of their favorite things to help bake. The fun starts with whacking that tube of dough on the counter until it pops…Whompf! (You didn’t know I did sound effects?). Next you are going to cut the biscuit dough with a kitchen shears and shake the dough pieces in a bag of cinnamon-sugar. These little gems of cinnamon-sugary goodness all get dumped into a Bundt pan. No worries on how they fit together, just fill the pan fairly evenly.
Now comes the caramel. Don’t get nervous…this is just a simple mixture of brown sugar and butter. No candy thermometer needed. You are just going to boil it for a minute and pour it over the dough. Easy peasy!
The whole thing goes in the oven and now comes the fun part…dumping it out of the pan. Every time is different and it’s fun to see how all those little dough pieces rose and baked together into this beautiful pull apart coffeecake. One tip here: When you turn the pan upside onto a serving platter, don’t lift the pan off right away. Invert the pan onto a serving platter and leave the pan upside down on top of the coffeecake for a few minutes, allowing all of that golden caramel to drip down over the cake. Remove the pan and TA-DA! Your beautiful Caramel Pull Apart is ready to serve! Look at all that cinnamon laced throughout the biscuit nuggets!
What are you making for breakfast this weekend? My vote is for Caramel Pull Apart Coffeecake. The smell of sweet cinnamon wafting from the oven will ensure you that you made the right choice! Happy Baking!
Serves 12 servings
- 2 (16.3oz) tubes refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or spray a 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a gallon-size bag.
- Separate dough into individual biscuits. Using a kitchen shears or pizza cutter, cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Place biscuit pieces in bag with cinnamon-sugar and shake to coat evenly.
- Place coated biscuit pieces in prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- In small saucepan, heat brown sugar and butter over medium heat, stirring often, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour over biscuits in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand 2 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; leave pan over cake for 3 minutes to allow caramel to run over coffeecake.
- Remove pan and serve warm.