Moist and tender, this loaded Zucchini Bread is chock-full of zucchini, chopped nuts, craisins and crushed pineapple to create a bread that will disappear quickly!
Nothing smells better on a weekend morning than something baking in the oven. Especially now that the weather is getting cooler. This Loaded Zucchini Bread is one of my favorite things to bake for a breakfast treat. Actually, this bread is perfect anytime of day, but warm from the oven, with a pat of butter is worth waking up for! And it will make your kitchen smell AMAZING!
I know there are zillions of zucchini bread recipes out there, but this one is by far the bomb!
It’s loaded with dried cranberries, spices and nuts. It is simply the BEST. The dried cranberries give a little extra flavor that’s sweet and tart, while the nuts add both flavor and crunch. If you have extra time, toast the nuts in the oven, just until golden to give them extra flavor. If you don’t have time, that’s OK…I usually am in a hurry and use them straight from the bag. The crushed pineapple doesn’t add any additional flavor, but it sure adds to the texture to make it super-moist!
Another reason I love this recipe so much is because it makes 2 full-size loaves. That means one for you to slice, right out of the oven and another to share with your favorite friends! I also like to freeze a loaf or two to have on hand for unexpected guests.
This Loaded Zucchini Bread is one of my favorite things to take to work for clients. I have baked countless loaves for various occasions and someone always asks for the recipe. The splattered recipe card shows it’s a treasured favorite in our family. I am sure it will be one in your family’s too! Happy Baking!
Yields 2 9-inch loaves
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups coarsely grated zucchini (about 1 large)
- 1 (8-oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.Grease and lightly flour two 5x9-inch loaf pans; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Stir in zucchini and pineapple.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add flour mixture, one-third at a time, to egg mixture, stirring after each addition. Fold in nuts and cranberries.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared pans. Bake for 55-65 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Zucc BreadPrint Recipe